AT Programs, Certification & Professional Development
- ATIA – Assistive Technology Industry Association offers a variety of professional development opportunities
- RESNA – Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- Closing The Gap – Through their annual conference and other programs, ATIA provides information and training on assistive technology
- University of Illinois at Chicago – Certificate program in Assistive Technology
AT Resources & Research
- ATEN (Assistive Technology Exchange Network) – Free refurbished computers for students with 504 plans & IEPs
- AccessIT Knowledge Base – Excellent resource including a FAQ knowledgebase, case studies and emerging practices related to the use of IT in Education to promote accessibility
- ATAP – Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs
- CAST – Center for Applied Special Technology
- IATP – The Illinois Assistive Technology Program serves all people with disabilities in the state of Illinois, their families, service providers, state agencies, private industry, educators, and other interested individuals, regardless of age or income
- Infinitec – The mission of Infinitec is to advance independence and promote inclusive opportunities for children and adults with disabilities through technology. Infinitec helps people with disabilities get access to information, technology services, training, assistive equipment and specialists.
- DME (Durable Medical Exchange) – The mission of Infinitec’s DME project is to provide a durable medical equipment resource to benefit children and adults with permanent or temporary disabilities, and to provide an outlet for individuals to donate durable medical equipment.
- Bookshare – A free online library of accessible instructional materials and related free software. Bookshare is also a NIMAC Authorized User for Illinois and can assist schools with gaining access to NIMAS files materials from the NIMAC.
- Training Curriculum on Part B of IDEA 2004 – Offers curriculum intended to help all those involved with children with disabilities understand and implement the IDEA 2004, the nation’s special education law.
- Illinois State Board of Education
- NIMAC – National Instructional Materials Access Center
- United States Department of Education – Office of Special Education Programs
State & Federal Agencies