Thanks to the continuation of the ISBE AT Tech and Training Grant
Infinitec is offering Free State Wide Trainings
Because of restrictions due to COVID-19, all trainings provided through December 31, 2021 are planned to be done virtually through Zoom. Once the training request form is completed, you will receive a link for participants to register for the requested session. All participants that wish to receive professional credit for attending the training MUST register through the link. The Zoom link specific to the training will be provided on the registration page.
If you are a school district, parent group or community group and would like to invite Infinitec to provide Assistive Technology training to your group we’d be delighted to talk to you. Our process is as simple as: one… two… three…
1. Please review available trainings listed below or this PDF document
2. Complete the ‘Training Request Form.’ (click to open)
a. Select preferred training
b. Provide information about your audience (role on school team, grade level(s)) so that we can match training content with your audience.
c. Select the date/time. Trainings can be 1 or 2 hours in length unless listed under the ‘Full Day Training’ category. Select the time frame that matches the needs of your audience.
3. To schedule, email ‘Training Request Form’ to Samantha Conklin at email@example.com or Barb Eichhorn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 621-9389.
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY TRAININGS
Assistive Technology Consideration…More Than a Checkbox
Assistive Technology (AT) consideration is more than a check box. It is a legal requirement of the IEP process. AT consideration requires the team to partake in a consistent decision-making process in relation to the student’s IEP goals and objectives. This session will review the current law as it pertains to AT consideration. Resources will be provided to assist IEP teams with compliance for AT consideration.
- Participants will be able to understand the law as it pertains to assistive technology and assistive technology consideration.
- Participants will know how to appropriately consider assistive technology for students.
- Participants will be able to list resources such as the QIAT and forms to assist with assistive technology consideration.